SATURDAY, JUNE 16, 2018
Rain Date: Sunday, June 17
Gates open at 11 a.m.
On the lawn at Newsday Headquarters
235 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY
Entrance off Ruland Road, 1 block north of main entrance
- All participants must be registered for this event in advance. Show car exhibitors will receive a confirmation packet by the end of April. There will be NO event day registrations.
- All show cars need to arrive between 8 a.m.–10 a.m. Please have your WINDOW CARD VISIBLE.
- NO show cars will be allowed to leave before 4 p.m. Should an emergency occur and you must leave before 4 p.m., please contact an event representative or a security guard who will expedite your exit.
- NO PETS ARE PERMITTED ON SITE.
- Voting will take place throughout the day, ending at 2:45 p.m. Cars entering the “Best Engine” category, should open their hoods by 10:30 a.m. Ballots will be collected by 3:30 p.m. and counted. The winners of each category will be announced by 3:45 p.m. Winning selections are strictly based on the popular vote by our patrons.
- NO boom boxes or playing of loud music during show hours.
- NO revving of engines or use of hydraulics/airbags during show hours.
- Reckless behavior and excessive, unnecessary noise will not be tolerated.
- Check-in time is from 8 a.m.–10 a.m. Show gates open and patrons will be allowed on site at 11a.m.
- All vehicles must comply with on-site traffic directions.
- NO support vehicles are allowed on the event grounds. Spaces for support vehicles will be provided, if requested, prior to the event. For more information, call 631-843-2666.
- All cars should be street legal and MUST be insured.
- These rules may be modified in order to maintain the safety and integrity of the event.
- Car Show Awards will include these categories (Trophies will be awarded to the winners in each category):
- Best in Show
- Best Paint
- Best Engine
- Best Interior
- Best Original/Unrestored
- Best Radical Custom
- Best Motorcycle
- Best Foreign
While registration for Field of Wheels is FREE, a $10 donation to Newsday Charities in support of disadvantaged children and families on Long Island is greatly appreciated. Donations can be made upon check-in on the day of the event in cash or by check payable to Newsday Charities or click here to make an online credit card donation. Donations provide access to food, shelter, safe havens from abuse and educational opportunities.
Disclaimer: The Newsday Field of Wheels Exhibition & Car Show or its representatives will not be held liable for any damage that patrons may inflict (if any) on your vehicle. (Watch your vehicle. Each exhibitor is responsible for the security of their vehicle.) The Newsday Field of Wheels Show & Exhibition, its officials and show personnel are not responsible for theft or damage of personal articles.